President & Chief Innovations Officer
Dr. Ted Sun has two doctorate degrees, one in psychology and another in business. This empowers him to develop leaders and organizations around the world in a very effective and efficient manner. As a world-renowned motivational speaker, he has transformed thousands of lives. As an academic, he’s worked at some of the world’s most prestigious universities across the world like University of Liverpool in the UK, The Ohio State University in the US, and UIBE in China. Dr. Ted Sun is capable of perceiving systemic flaws and design new systems of human development. In the last two years, leaders from 32 different countries felt the impact of Dr. Ted Sun’s work. He has spoken to audiences in the hundreds in Asia, worked with government leaders in Africa, the EU, and Asia. His expertise has been recognized by major television media in the U.S. and Ghana, and led multinational research involving hundreds of universities across the world. As a result of such experiences and engagements, Dr. Ted Sun is a respected author, a renowned consultant, and a highly sought-after educator and researcher around the world. In addition, all his accomplishments, his ability to think systemically, and his passion for helping and developing people is unrivaled.
As one of the primary architects of this university’s academic programs, he has integrated his vast experiences working with global business leaders and universities into a revolutionary approach to education. Especially after the pandemic, the numerous lessons in systems thinking and proactive approach to leadership are synthesized into the programs.
Areas of Expertise
- Systems thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Educational psychology
- Developing the whole leader from a multiple intelligences perspective
- Organizational design
- Organizational leadership and management
- Performance management and learning systems
- University systems and accreditation processes
Key Publications & Presentations
- Griffin, J. (2021, July). To Be Successful, Lead With Inclusion. Forbes Magazine.
- Sun, T. (2021, July). Walking the talk of diversity, equity and inclusion in HE. University World News.
- Sun, T. (2021, April). Why traditional skills teaching is often a waste of time. University World News.
- Sun, T. (2020, April). Adapting to Online Education: 5 Keys to engaging your students. LinkedIn and Jobs In Japan.
- Sun, T. (2019, September). When industrial attachments for lecturers are not enough. University World News.
- Sun, T. (2019, June). Why case studies are limited as a graduate teaching tool. University World News.
- Sun, T. (2019, March). The problem with applying Western theories that don’t fit. University World News.
- Valodia, B., Sun, T., & Zachariah, T. (2018). Critical success factors that influence black leadership integration in companies listed on the Johannesburg securities exchange. International Journal of Business and Management, 13(5), 72-94.
- Sun, T., Otoum, M., & Stetar, B. (2016, January). Global Discovery of Learner Motivations: Building a foundation for systemic enhancements within higher education. The Transnational Journal of Business, 1, 11-24.
- Sun, T. (2015, Winter). TED Talk: Knowledge creation – capturing wisdom systemically. ACBSP Update.
- Orotin, P., Quisenbery, W. & Sun, T. (2013). Reaching beyond existing demand: A Study on the influence of mobile phone money transfer on market development in Uganda. International Journal of Scientific Research, 2(8). pp. 249-258. ISSN No. 2277 – 8179.
- Ph.D. in Psychology with a focus in Industrial/Organizational psychology Capella University, Minneapolis, MN USA
- Dissertation: Understanding the nature relationship between self-constructs and leadership behaviors as a function of generation
- Doctor of Management (D.M.) with a focus on organizational leadership University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Dissertation: Knowledge required for successful entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio USA
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with distinction (Cum Laude). The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio USA
- Universities and corporations in China, Mongolia, Myanmar, etc. in Asia.
- Universities and corporations in Ghana, Kenya, Eritrea, Africa.
- Universities, governments and corporations in Nigeria, Africa.
- University of Liverpool, U.K.
- Universities and corporations in the USA.
Honors & Awards
- Top Presentation at 2010 ACBSP Region 8 Conference
- Hall of Fame: Dublin City Schools 2011
- Journal Review Chair – Journal of Business Research (Ghana, Africa)
- President – President/Chair of the Board of directors (2015-2016) for region 8 (Europe, Asia and Africa) of ACBSP; Strategic Planning committee
- International Best of Regions Excellence Award Committee – ACBSP (2017)