Prof. Thomas Grisham
Chief of Creativity
Dr. Thomas Grisham has over 44 years of global experience across a variety of business sectors including medical, infrastructure and utilities, finance, and manufacturing. His last full time job was running a Japanese trading company in Tokyo. Thomas has gained this experience in 83 countries, and has lived in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Germany, Brazil, and part time in the UK, Singapore, India, and Spain. His experience spans over 400 global organizations such as the UN, Nestle, the NSA, and ZTE. He currently does global corporate training, mentors Doctoral students for a University in Switzerland, is a visiting professor at University in Germany, Mexico, and Brazil, and does public speaking globally. He has authored nine books, and numerous articles.
Areas of Expertise
- Cross-cultural leadership
- Global business
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Doctor of Project Management, RMIT University, Australia
- Master of Business Administration, Duke University, USA
- Bachelor of Engineering, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Professional Engineer in the USA
- Trained Arbitrator
Key Publications & Presentations
- Grisham, T. and P. Srinivasan (2008). Managing Designing Risk. Perspectives on Architectural Management. S. Emmitt, M. Prins and A. den Otter. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Grisham, T. and D. H. T. Walker (2008). Developing Communities of Practice for International Construction Organizations. Chapter on Enhancing Knowledge Management in Construction Organizations, A Practioner Guide.
- Grisham, T. (2009). Cross-cultural Leadership XLQ. VDM Verlag. Germany. ISBN-10: 3639068688. ISBN-13: 978-3639068689.
- Grisham, T. (November 2009). International Project Management – Leadership in Complex Environments. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-470-57882-7
- Granite Services, a General Electric subsidiary – Multiple global assignments. Last was to manage a Japanese trading company in Tokyo.
- Grisham Engineering – Multiple for General Electric, Pinnacle One, and Dogus Insaat ve Ticaret globally.
- Triangle Consulting Group – Dr. Grisham was a Senior Partner and Co-founder of an international consultancy that provided economic analysis, regional competitive analysis, development planning, marketing research, program management, and specialized technical expert assistance for governments in the EU.
- University of North Carolina – Dr. Grisham managed an overall capital improvement effort for a state-of-the art program
- PHEI and BFSU/Solbridge International School of Business – China
- Woosong University, SolBridge International School of Businesss – Korea
- Argosy University and University of South Florida USA