Mysoon A. Otoum
Hybrid Higher Education Expert
With more than 23 years of experience working in different industries (education, banking, real estate investment, philanthropy, nonprofit organizations. Dr. Mysoon A. Otoum is an Innovative entrepreneurial experienced business professor with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Management Consultation, Education Technology, Nonprofit Organizations, Editing, facilitator with massive expertise in online teaching and mentoring doctoral and master level learners. Strong background in accreditation process from AACSB and ACBSP organizations.
Areas of Expertise
- Assessing face-to-face and online curriculum, including course alignment.
- Project management, program management, and/or cost-benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of universal design (UDL) principles.
- Online or hybrid courses-as an instructor or learner.
- Designing and/ or teaching a fully online or hybrid course.
- Organizational Behavior
- Practical research
- Innovation training
- Motivational training
- Online teaching
- Education Technology
- Real estate and investment
- PhD in Management and Organization with Specialization in Information Technology Management from Capella University in the state of Minnesota in United States of America
- MPA from California State University of Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Business from Jordan University
Key Publications & Presentations
- A manuscript has been published in Transnational Journal of Business. The manuscript, titled “Global Discovery of Learner Motivations: Systemic Enhancements within Higher Education“
- Presented professional development session for system-wide Higher Colleges of Technology Business faculty on the effective management of online courses, December 15, 2013.
- Presented professional development session for system-wide Higher Colleges of Technology Business faculty on the supply chain management design for online courses, December 16, 2013.
- Paper presented on the 4P’s Model For Effective Online Course Management at the ACBSP Conference (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs) in Brussels, Belgium, November 2013.
- Presented paper about online supply chain management at the IBIMA Conference (International Business Information Management Association) in November 2013.
- Recently presented a paper about difference in gender job satisfaction in Dubai at the ACBSP (Accreditation Council For Business Schools and Programs) region 8 conference in Dubai/ UAE.
- Presented a paper about job satisfaction in Dubai at the ACBSP (Accreditation Council For Business Schools and Programs) region 8 conference in Austria Vienna: Click the link: Austria/Vienna.
- A research“ The difference between Emirati and Expatriates Perception To Job Satisfaction Among Information Technology Professionals In Dubai”.Presented in University of Sharjah
- Work in Progress “A global discovery of learner motivations: Building a foundation for systemic enhancements within higher education”. A study that is conducted among ACBSP Colleges.
- Presented a paper on a research “Emiratis and Expats perception to Job Satisfaction Among Information Technology Professionals in Dubai” in Ajman University.
- Universities and corporations in the USA
- Universities and corporations in the middle east such as UAE
Honors & Awards
- Member – American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- Successfully mentored dozens of doctoral dissertations