Li “Lily” Xiao
Dr. Lily Xiao has been working on ACBSP accreditation for her university, Gardner-Webb University, since 2011, and contributed in various aspects as a team leader, such as data collection and self-study writing and revision. After Gardner-Webb University’s Godbold School of Business was reaccredited successfully by ACBSP in 2016, she assisted training and translation for a first Chinese university for ACBSP accreditation in December 2016. Lily has a great passion for assisting Chinese universities for ACBSP accreditation to improve higher education curriculums in China.
Lily has a Ph.D. in Information Systems from the George Washington University. She received her Bachelor of Economics from University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing, China. She worked with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for several years in the areas of information management and financial analysis before starting her Ph.D. program. She has published two book chapters and presented her research at several international and national conferences.
Areas of Expertise
- ACBSP procedures and requirements, data collection, self-study writing, and cross-cultural training.
- Chinese and American cultures, bilingual translation and interpretation.
- Information Systems: user satisfaction with information systems, culture and information systems, organizational factors of information technology business value, and information systems education.
- Organizational Behavior: secondary field for doctoral study.
- PhD in Information Systems, the George Washington University, Washington DC, USA, 2000-2008
- Bachelor of Economics, Economic Information Management, the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), Beijing, China, 1993-1997
Key Publications & Presentations
- Xiao, L. “Encouraging Peer Learning in Online Courses,” Proceedings of the Southern Association for Information Systems (SAIS) Conference, March 23–24, 2012, Atlanta, GA.
- Worked as Programme Analyst with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) China, 1997-2000.
- Taught spoken English with the Volunteers for China (VFC) in Shanxi, China, summer 2017.
- Subcommittee chair, Gardner-Webb University ACBSP reaccreditation, 2011-2015
- Self-study writing and revision
- Assisted hosting training and translation for a first Chinese university for ACBSP accreditation.