Chief Innovative Team Builder
Dr. Cox started her career in marketing and media. For two decades, she held marketing management roles in the cable TV business when it was new and exciting. Dr. Cox launched two web-software businesses, raising $1.3 million. She wanted to give back and started in higher education. Dr. Cox had the role as the faculty advisor to the Enactus team of almost all international students fulfilled her goal of making a difference. She was an academic program director and then associate vice-president of partnerships so went from marketing to higher education and then marketing of higher education. Now Dr. Cox is taking my knowledge and skills of leadership to companies and organizations.
Areas of Expertise
- Experiential learning: Advisor to student entrepreneurship team, all international students
- Transformational leadership: leading teams to exceed expectations
- Innovation: Launched two start-ups and led the student team on global impact projects.
- Connector: Raised start-up funds of $1.3 million and obtained new grants and corporate partners for Enactus.
- Creativity: Won marketing awards for results. Created the NorthWest Cable News brand.
- Results oriented: Develop and reaches objectives using perseverance and pivoting
- Doctorate of Business Administration, City University of Seattle, USA
- Master of Business Administration, Pepperdine University, USA
- Bachelor of Arts, The Ohio State University, USA
Key Publications & Presentations
- Cox, K. (2019). Integrating an innovative organizational culture with cultural intelligence in multicultural teams: A case study of an international student team.
- Cox, K. (2018). Integrating an innovative organizational culture with cultural intelligence in multicultural teams: A case study of an international student team presented at Enactus World Cup, October 2018, San Jose, CA.
- CETYS University, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico: Teaching entrepreneurship
- Landivar University, Guatemala University, Guatemala, Enactus collaboration and visit
- University of Puerto Rico-Humacao, Puerto Rico, Enactus collaboration and visit
- Centre Cultural Americain, Gabon, Africa, visit and presentation
Honors & Awards
- Finalist in 2018 with Enactus United States with CityU student entrepreneurship team